- Howard Johnson’s — the Best Fried Clams in the world — or maybe I just didn’t know any better
- Next Stop, Twilight Zone?
- Sand Tarts: A Sugar Cookie recipe that actually TASTES good — great for Christmas or any time!
- Batter up! (the end is nigh)
- Half-Full English Breakfast Oatmeal -or- What I Created This Morning
Tag Archives: memories
Of all the memories I have of my grandparents (on my mom’s side — my dad’s dad died before my parents even got married, and my dad’s mom was a crappy grandmother to us because she hated our mom) one … Continue reading
So, the only reason I would ever have to watch a Major League Baseball game, and I couldn’t find any way to watch it. (Cleveland in the World Series? The world must be ending.) But, why would I care? I … Continue reading
I just found the beginning of Saturday Night Live (SNL) on Netflix. Well, more precisely, I found Saturday Night. You see, back then it wasn’t called Saturday Night Live, because there was another show premiering that same year entitled Saturday Night Live with Howard … Continue reading
When my kids were little they loved watching Veggie Tales, starring Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. Sometimes, when preparing a meal, I would carve a face into a cucumber so it looked like Larry, and show it to … Continue reading
My kids and I had a tradition, of a sort, when we’d head west from our home here in south central Pennsylvania, back to Ohio to visit relatives. It happened unintentionally, as I imagine most family traditions begin. While still in … Continue reading