- Howard Johnson’s — the Best Fried Clams in the world — or maybe I just didn’t know any better
- Next Stop, Twilight Zone?
- Sand Tarts: A Sugar Cookie recipe that actually TASTES good — great for Christmas or any time!
- Batter up! (the end is nigh)
- Half-Full English Breakfast Oatmeal -or- What I Created This Morning
Tag Archives: family
“Elizabeth, we’re going to eat circles for supper tonight.” “Eat suh-kulls??” “Yes. We’re going to eat circles.” “Hur-ray!” [Not just “yay!” — she actually says, “Hurray!” on a somewhat regular basis, and she means it. Likely she picked it up … Continue reading
When my kids were little they loved watching Veggie Tales, starring Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. Sometimes, when preparing a meal, I would carve a face into a cucumber so it looked like Larry, and show it to … Continue reading
My kids and I had a tradition, of a sort, when we’d head west from our home here in south central Pennsylvania, back to Ohio to visit relatives. It happened unintentionally, as I imagine most family traditions begin. While still in … Continue reading