- Howard Johnson’s — the Best Fried Clams in the world — or maybe I just didn’t know any better
- Next Stop, Twilight Zone?
- Sand Tarts: A Sugar Cookie recipe that actually TASTES good — great for Christmas or any time!
- Batter up! (the end is nigh)
- Half-Full English Breakfast Oatmeal -or- What I Created This Morning
Category Archives: advice and tips
The Opposite Of Grammar – Addendum, Being Composed Of, But Most Definitely Not Comprising All Complaints On The Topic
Have you noticed that almost nobody uses the word comprise and its various forms (comprised, comprising) correctly? Just this morning, in Supposedly Professional Print Media, I noticed a writer using comprised as a synonym for composed, which it is not. Both are used to describe the … Continue reading
I’m not a Grammar Nazi. Nor am I on the Spelling S.W.A.T. team. And I am most especially not the Punctuation Police. I wouldn’t have any moral high ground to stand on if I was any of those. Which you already know if … Continue reading
“No matter where you go, there you are.” This quote, which I’ve frequently used as a tag line on emails, is part of a line from one of my favorite movies, The Adventures of Buckroo Banzai Across the Eight Dimension! The title … Continue reading
Pride cometh before a fall. Or before the loss of what you just wrote that you thought was so amazing you couldn’t believe you wrote it.
And it’s just gone so nobody else will ever believe it, either. Ya know, that oughta learn ya something. But will it?